McNeese State beats Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 71-69Saturday, Jan 7, 2012
Mitchell made five 3-pointers for the Cowboys (5-8, 1-0 Southland Conference). Dontae Cannon had 14 points and Rudy Turner 13.
Chris Hawkins-Mast and Terence Jones scored 13 points each to lead the Islanders (1-13, 0-2). Myron Dempsey had 10 rebounds.
Dempsey’s layup cut the McNeese State lead to 61-60 with 1:56 remaining. But Turner converted a 3-point play, and Patrick added a jumper and two free throws to give the Cowboys a 68-62 cushion with 18 seconds remaining, and they protected the lead with free throws.
McNeese State made 15 of its first 19 shots from the floor, including 7 of 8 from 3-point range, en route to a 39-31 halftime lead.
- McNeese State beats Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 71-69
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set