McNeese State beats Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 71-69Saturday, Jan 7, 2012
Mitchell made five 3-pointers for the Cowboys (5-8, 1-0 Southland Conference). Dontae Cannon had 14 points and Rudy Turner 13.
Chris Hawkins-Mast and Terence Jones scored 13 points each to lead the Islanders (1-13, 0-2). Myron Dempsey had 10 rebounds.
Dempsey’s layup cut the McNeese State lead to 61-60 with 1:56 remaining. But Turner converted a 3-point play, and Patrick added a jumper and two free throws to give the Cowboys a 68-62 cushion with 18 seconds remaining, and they protected the lead with free throws.
McNeese State made 15 of its first 19 shots from the floor, including 7 of 8 from 3-point range, en route to a 39-31 halftime lead.
- McNeese State beats Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 71-69
- Puerto Rico Tipoff moves to Orlando due to Zika concerns
- SoCon officials delay decision on moving championships
- Sixteen-team PK80 tournament set for next year in Portland
- South Carolina won't bid for North Carolina NCAA games
- Kevin Love makes big donation to UCLA basketball facility