Craig powers SC-Upstate past Kennesaw State 68-53Saturday, Jan 7, 2012
Craig was 10 of 12 from the field, 5 of 7 from 3-point range and 3 of 4 from the charity stripe.
SC-Upstate (9-7, 3-1 Atlantic Sun Conference) jumped out to an early 10-2 lead behind five points from Craig. The Spartans would push that lead to 15, 30-15, after a 3-pointer from Craig and took a 37-21 lead into halftime.
SC-Upstate led by at least eight points throughout the second half.
The Spartans shot 49.1 percent (26 of 53) from the field compared to just 37 percent (20 of 54) for Kennesaw State.
The Owls (3-13, 0-5) only made three of their 17 3-point attempts.
SC-Upstate forced 16 turnovers and scored 23 points off those errors.
Aaron Anderson led Kennesaw State with 15 points and 11 rebounds.
- Rhode Island drops Fordham 78-58
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan
- Alabama AD completes cancer treatment, cleared to go home