Craig powers SC-Upstate past Kennesaw State 68-53Saturday, Jan 7, 2012
Craig was 10 of 12 from the field, 5 of 7 from 3-point range and 3 of 4 from the charity stripe.
SC-Upstate (9-7, 3-1 Atlantic Sun Conference) jumped out to an early 10-2 lead behind five points from Craig. The Spartans would push that lead to 15, 30-15, after a 3-pointer from Craig and took a 37-21 lead into halftime.
SC-Upstate led by at least eight points throughout the second half.
The Spartans shot 49.1 percent (26 of 53) from the field compared to just 37 percent (20 of 54) for Kennesaw State.
The Owls (3-13, 0-5) only made three of their 17 3-point attempts.
SC-Upstate forced 16 turnovers and scored 23 points off those errors.
Aaron Anderson led Kennesaw State with 15 points and 11 rebounds.
- Craig powers SC-Upstate past Kennesaw State 68-53
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players