CS Bakersfield downs Texas-Pan American 72-57Sunday, Jan 8, 2012
Mo Hughley added a career-high 14 points for the Roadrunners (8-9), Stephon Carter scored 13, and Donald Johnson had nine points and 13 rebounds.
Brandon Provost scored 17 points for Texas-Pan American, which lost despite hitting a season-high 10 3-pointers in 21 attempts. Jared Maree added 12 points for the Broncs (5-13).
The game was tied at 46 midway through the second half when Bakersfield went on an 11-0 run to go up 57-46 with 7:27 remaining. Grayson started the surge with a jumper, Zach Lamb and Grayson followed with consecutive 3-pointers, Carter hit a free throw and Hughley capped the run with a layup.
- No. 22 UCLA wins Bahamas finale, tops UAB 88-76
- UNC spokesman: Williams expected back at next practice
- Marquette beats No. 20 Providence 96-91 in double overtime
- Freeman, Prince lead No. 21 Baylor past K-State, 82-72
- Walton, Michigan hang on to beat Minnesota 82-74
- No. 7 Virginia back track with a little luck, lots of 'D'