Alabama A&M downs Arkansas-Pine Bluff 65-62Saturday, Jan 7, 2012
NORMAL, Ala. (AP)—Casey Canty scored 20 points and Alabama A&M sank five free throws in the final minute to defeat Arkansas-Pine Bluff 65-62 on Saturday night for the Bulldogs’ first Southwestern Athletic Conference win of the season.
Green Hill added 13 points for the Bulldogs (3-9, 1-2), who snapped an eight-game losing skid.
Alabama A&M opened the game on a 25-10 run, thanks to 13 points by Canty, and led Arkansas-Pine Bluff 34-23 at the break. The Bulldogs held on despite being outscored 39-31 in the second half.
The Bulldogs outrebounded the Golden Lions 34-26 and had the edge in bench scoring 28-19. Arkansas-Pine Bluff forced 13 Alabama A&M turnovers, but scored just 16 points off them. The Bulldogs notched 17 points off 13 Golden Lions turnovers.
Lazabian Jackson scored 20 points and Savalace Townsend 13 for the Golden Lions (1-14, 0-2), who have lost 12 straight, dating back to November.
- ESPN sideline reporter Erin Andrews signs deal with Reebok
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case