Youngstown State rips Illinois-Chicago 71-50Saturday, Jan 7, 2012
The Penguins (9-6, 4-1) trailed once. Gary Talton’s 3-pointer 1:29 into the game gave the Flames (5-11, 1-5) their only lead, 3-2. Youngstown State, meanwhile, led 60-30 midway through the second half on a trey by Blake Allen.
Allen scored 10 points, one of three other Penguins in double figures. Kendrick Perry scored 14 points and Damian Eargle added 11. Eargle, Allen and Perry led Youngstown State in rebounding with seven apiece.
The night belonged to Ward, who shot 7 for 10 from the floor, going 4 for 5 from 3-point range. The Penguins finished 9 for 22 beyond the arc while the Flames made just 6 of 21 (28.6 percent). Illinois-Chicago shot 31.6 percent (18 of 57) from the field.
- Youngstown State rips Illinois-Chicago 71-50
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims