SIU-Edwardsville defeats Tennessee-Martin 69-65Saturday, Jan 7, 2012
Mark Yelovich added 18 points, on 7-of-14 shooting, for the Cougars, who shot 48.2 percent for the game (27 of 56).
The Cougars were 15 of 30 from the field in the first half, while limiting UT-Martin to 16.7 percent from 3-point range (2 of 12). SIU-Edwardsville led 35-31 at halftime.
SIU-Edwardsville (5-8, 3-1 Ohio Valley Conference) led 39-33 with 17:38 to go, before scoring 11 straight. After Wikware’s 3 started the run, Jerome Jones finished it with eight straight. His 3-pointer put the Cougars up 50-33 with 15:17 remaining.
Mike Liabo led the Skyhawks (3-15, 0-5) with 26 points. Corderio Maclin added 13 points and Myles Taylor 10 for UT-Martin, which lost its sixth straight.
Jeremy Washington had eight assists for the Skyhawks, who finished with 20.
- SIU-Edwardsville defeats Tennessee-Martin 69-65
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Oregon team breakdown
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown