North Dakota State edges Southern Utah 72-69 in OTSunday, Jan 8, 2012
Braun also had 11 rebounds, and made 12 of 14 free throws. Marshall Bjorklund scored 13 points and Lawrence Alexander had 12 points for the Bison (11-4, 4-2 Summit).
The Bison took a 70-69 lead on Braun’s basket. He closed the scoring in the final seconds with a dunk.
Ray Jones Jr. led Southern Utah (7-9, 2-4) with 15 points. Ramell Taylor and Damon Heuir each scored 12 points for the Thunderbirds, and Jackson Stevenett scored 11 before fouling out.
Neither team led by four points in the game, which had 14 ties and 14 lead changes. Southern Utah forced overtime when Tyson Koehler scored his only two points of the game from the free-throw line with 25 seconds left in regulation.
- Saint Joseph's beats Massachusetts 68-64
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner