Bethune-Cookman rallies to beat NC A&T 59-56Saturday, Jan 7, 2012
The Wildcats (6-11, 3-0 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) tied the game 49-all with an Anthony Breeze layup but Marc Hill made two layups and a free throw to help the Aggies take a 56-51 lead with 26 seconds left.
Dukes then hit a 3-pointer with 23 seconds left and then another with 7 seconds remaining to give Bethune-Cookman a 57-56 lead.
Paul Scotland was fouled after forcing a turnover on the ensuing inbounds pass and made two free throws to create the final margin.
Bethune-Cookman struggled from the field, making 34.4 percent (22 of 64) of their shots, but outrebounded North Carolina A&T 39-31, including 13 offensive rebounds compared to just three for the Aggies.
Hill led North Carolina A&T (5-13, 0-3) with 16 but no other Aggie scored in double figures.
- Bethune-Cookman rallies to beat NC A&T 59-56
- No. 9 Baylor holds on 60-54 over Oklahoma to stay in 2nd
- Cline's 3-pointers lift No. 14 Purdue over Penn State
- No. 25 Wichita State rolls right through Evansville, 109-83
- Allen's 3 lifts Virginia Tech past Clemson
- Hauser, Heldt help Marquette cruise past St. John's, 93-71