North Carolina Wilmington defeats Hofstra 86-80Saturday, Jan 7, 2012
Adam Smith added 18 points, K.K. Simmons 14 and Donte Morales 12 for the Seahawks (7-7, 3-1 Colonial Athletic Association), who are off to their best CAA start since 2005-06.
Rendleman was 7 of 10 from the field to lead a 52.8-percent shooting performance by UNC Wilmington (28 of 53). The Seahawks won their fourth straight and ended a seven-game losing streak against Hofstra.
The Seahawks committed 17 turnovers, leading to 27 Pride points, but held Hofstra to just eight assists.
Nathaniel Lester, who was 11 of 13 from the free-throw line, scored 23 points and Mike Moore had 22 to lead the Pride (6-10, 0-4). Lester had 19 of his points in the second half.
Hofstra shot 39.4 percent from the field (26 of 66).
- North Carolina Wilmington defeats Hofstra 86-80
- Brunson helps No. 1 Villanova avoid upset against La Salle
- No. 18 Purdue dominates Arizona State in Jimmy V Classic
- No. 14 Virginia bounces back, beats East Carolina 76-53
- Ristic, Markkanen lead No. 20 Arizona past UC Irvine, 79-57
- Brown's triple double leads Miami to 82-46 win over SC St