Davis was 9 for 14 from the field, 8 for 11 from behind the arc, and led five Lamar players in double figures. Mike James had 21 points, Anthony Miles had 20 points and seven assists, Devon Lamb scored 12 and Stan Brown had 10 points and nine rebounds for the Cardinals (11-5, 2-0 Southland).
Jordan Harks and Robert Crawford scored 10 points to lead Central Arkansas (5-8, 0-1), playing in its first game since losing at No. 17 UNLV 124-75 on Dec. 28. The Bears led 9-2 early on Saturday before Lamar went on a 12-3 run to take the lead for good.
Lamar is 9-0 all-time against Central Arkansas.
- Lamar thumps Central Arkansas 103-67
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?