Oklahoma State holds off Texas Tech rally, 67-59By JEFF LATZKE, AP Sports Writer Wednesday, Jan 4, 2012
STILLWATER, Okla. (AP)—Keiton Page scored 23 points, freshman Le’Bryan Nash matched his career high with 21 points and Oklahoma State held off a late Texas Tech rally to open Big 12 play with a 67-59 victory on Wednesday night.
After Oklahoma State’s 13-point lead dwindled to two, Page hit a step-back 3-pointer with 2:40 remaining to put the Cowboys up 60-55. After a miss on the next possession, Page curled around a screen to hit another 3-pointer from the left wing and give OSU (8-6, 1-0 Big 12) a six-point edge.
He added four free throws in the final 17 seconds to put the game away.
Freshman Jordan Tolbert had 13 points and 13 rebounds to lead the Red Raiders (7-6, 0-1). Ty Nurse, Jaye Crockett and Javarez Willis added 11 points apiece.
- Obama takes British prime minister to NCAA tournament game
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan