Stephen Thomas had 16 points—including six free throws in the final 41 seconds of overtime—for IUPUI (8-8, 2-2 Summit League). Lyonell Gaines scored 15, and his basket with 41 seconds left in regulation tied it at 67 and forced the extra period. Ian Chiles added 13 points for the Jaguars.
UMKC (7-10, 1-4) had five players in double figures, led by Thomas Staton with 15 points and a game-high nine rebounds. Kirk Korver scored 13 points and Bernard Kamwa had 12 before fouling out late in regulation. Reggie Chamberlain scored 11 and Michael Gholston had 10. Korver, Chamberlain and Gholston all fouled out in the final minute of overtime. The Kangaroos made 10 3-pointers in 16 attempts, with Staton and Chamberlain each hitting three.
- Va. Commonwealth beats Georgia State 69-41
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan