McCollum, Lehigh beat Maryland-Eastern Shore 82-55Tuesday, Jan 3, 2012
The junior guard got 11 of his points in the first half, when the Mountain Hawks (12-4) built a 45-16 lead at the break. They finished the half with a 10-0 run over the final 2:57.
Mackey McKnight added 12 points for Lehigh, which got scoring from 12 players in winning its third straight.
Akeem Anderson scored 12 points, Percy Woods 11 and Ishaq Pitt 10 for Maryland-Eastern Shore (3-11), which got no closer than 28 points in the second half until it scored the game’s final four points. The loss was the third straight for the Hawks.
McCollum, the Patriot League’s Player of the Week, surpassed the 500 mark in career rebounds. He led Lehigh with seven, giving him a total of 504.
- Five things you may not know about Arizona’s Derrick Williams
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- No. 22 Kentucky blows out South Carolina 89-62
- Rosco Allen's 25 leads Stanford past No. 11 Oregon
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56
- No. 20 Providence ends skid with 75-72 win over Georgetown