SAN ANTONIO (AP)—Melvin Johnson III scored 11 of his 20 points in overtime to lead UTSA to an 86-79 victory against Bowling Green on Sunday.
Michael Hale III added 16 points and Stephen Franklin 14 points and 11 rebounds for the Roadrunners (7-6). Hale’s 3-pointer with 1:13 remaining in regulation tied the game at 64-all and forced the extra period.
Torian Oglesby had 20 points on 10 for 10 shooting with 13 rebounds for Bowling Green (6-7). Oglesby has made 26 straight shots from the floor in his last seven games, with his last miss on a dunk attempt against Temple on Nov. 27.
Jordon Crawford added 16 points and A’uston Calhoun 13 for the Falcons.
Johnson and Hale hit consecutive 3-pointers to give UTSA a 71-64 lead with 1:41 remaining in overtime. Bowling Green got no closer than five afterward, as it was forced to foul, and the Roadrunners hit 12 of 14 free throws down the stretch.
- UTSA defeats Bowling Green 86-79 in OT
- Gamecocks ranked again, play No. 19 Florida, No. 5 Kentucky
- Freshman Jonathan Isaac on a roll for No. 10 Florida State
- Jenkins, Brunson, lead No. 1 Villanova past Seton Hall 76-46
- Villanova back to No. 1 in AP poll, leapfrogging Kansas
- Martin, No. 13 Butler come from 18 down, top Marquette 88-80