Southern Illinois defeats Illinois State 86-71Sunday, Jan 1, 2012
Josh Swan had 15 points and seven rebounds for the Salukis (4-9, 1-1 Missouri Valley), who never trailed en route to their fourth win in the last five meetings between the schools.
Tyler Brown scored 15 points and Jon Ekey added 13 points and 13 rebounds for the Redbirds (9-4, 1-1). Illinois State has scored 60 or more points in 10 games this year; this was its first loss.
Setty’s point total was a season high. The freshman forward started for the first time in six games.
Southern Illinois led 40-32 at intermission and opened the second half with a 19-5 run to take permanent control. Setty had seven points during the surge.
- Southern Illinois defeats Illinois State 86-71
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel