Nimley, Charleston Southern defeat Liberty 81-76Saturday, Dec 31, 2011
Nimley was 15 of 17 from the free throw line, including 9 of 10 in the final 3:42, as the Buccaneers (9-4, 3-0) held off the Flames (5-10, 0-3) after leading 75-62 with 2:57 to play.
Jesse Sanders scored six points during an 11-2 run that brought Liberty within four points, 77-73, with 31 seconds left before Nimley’s final four free throws iced the game.
Mathiang Muo contributed 17 points and Kelvin Martin had 16 points and 12 rebounds for Charleston Southern.
Sanders led Liberty with 20 points and also had 10 rebounds and eight assists. David Minaya added 16 points and Antwan Burrus 13 points for the Flames, who hosted the game at nearby Randolph College rather than in their own arena.
- Kansas State coach’s reaction to question was over the top
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner