Morrison, Oral Roberts defeat South Dakota 79-67Friday, Dec 30, 2011
VERMILLION, S.D. (AP)—Dominique Morrison hit five 3-pointers among his 27 points to pace Oral Roberts to a 79-67 victory over South Dakota on Friday night.
Warren Niles and Steven Roundtree scored 16 points apiece for the Golden Eagles (11-4, 3-0 Summit League), who have won four in a row. Roderick Pearson had 12 assists.
Allen Saint-Gelais hit 8 of 11 shots and led the Coyotes (5-8, 0-4) with 20 points. Louie Krogman scored 14 and Charlie Westbrook 10.
Oral Roberts shot 54 percent (30 of 56) and made 10 of 19 3-pointers.
The Golden Eagles, who never trailed, expanded a 44-30 halftime edge to 61-43 on Jake Lliteras’ 3-pointer with 11:33 left.
The Coyotes roared back with an 18-4 spurt capped by Saint-Gelais’ dunk to trim it to 65-61 with 6:46 to go, but they got no closer.
- Morrison, Oral Roberts defeat South Dakota 79-67
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne