After Pacific had climbed within five points, a 3-pointer by Larry McGaughey and Tyler Johnson’s follow basket gave the Bulldogs a 45-35 lead with 5:19 remaining. They cruised to the finish from there.
Johnson had 10 points and 10 rebounds for Fresno State (6-8), eight of each coming in the second half.
Lorenzo McCloud scored 13 points to lead Pacific. Colin Beatty had 10 points and 10 rebounds for the Tigers (4-7), who lost their fourth in a row and first at home this season.
Fresno State never trailed after taking its first lead five minutes into the game. The Bulldogs limited Pacific to 36 percent shooting, and the Tigers made just 40 percent of their free throws and 18 percent of their 3-point attempts.
- Wills leads Fresno State to 55-47 win over Pacific
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four