The Pioneers (6-8) dominated the first half, opening up a 44-22 lead going into halftime. Gibson, who finished with 22 points and 10 boards, had 16 points in the first half on 7-for-10 shooting.
Trailing by 24 with 11:18 to play in the second, the Wildcats went on a 17-2 over a six-minute span. But Gibson answered for Sacred Heart with a 3-pointer to reignite the Pioneers’ offense. The Pioneers pulled away with a 16-7 run behind four free throws and a steal by Evans, a 3 by Gibson, and a jumper by Evan Kelley.
Sacred Heart outrebounded New Hampshire 39-29, and outscored the Wildcats 34-12 in the paint.
Chandler Rhoads led the Wildcats (4-5) with 16 points.
- New Hampshire 76, Stony Brook 66
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case