The Red Foxes (6-7) led 29-16 with 7:20 left in the first half, but the Lions (7-5) closed the gap to 36-33 at the half and took a 40-39 lead on Mark Cisco’s third layup in the opening 3:27 of the second half.
Marist answered with a 26-6 run that put it in front 65-46 with 6:40 remaining. Adam Kemp blocked four Columbia shots in that span, and his six overall tied his career best. He also scored 12 points and grabbed nine rebounds.
Lewis made 4 of 5 from 3-point range and Price 3 of 5.
Brian Barbour finished with 15 points and Cisco 14 for the Lions, who were outshot 55.6 percent (15 of 27) to 35.5 percent (11 of 31) in the second half.
- Opening Thursday's four most valuable people
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Florida freshman Bassett to miss season with stress fracture
- Izzo isn't sure what to expect from new-look Michigan State
- Eustachy to remain with Colorado St. through 2020-21 season
- NC State hires ex-Kansas State coach Asbury as analyst