PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Samme Givens led Drexel with team highs of 31 points and nine rebounds as the Dragons beat Fairfield 77-69 on Wednesday night, extending their season-best winning streak to five games.
Frantz Massenat added 11 points for the Dragons (7-4), who outrebounded the Stags 28-22 and forced 10 Fairfield turnovers in the win. Three different Dragons had at least two steals apiece.
Drexel kept in control nearly the entire way, taking a 38-33 advantage into the break and outscoring the Stags 39-36 in the second half to hold on for the win.
The teams were close in shooting performance, but Drexel’s 22 of 27 free throws (81.5 percent) were a big advantage over Fairfield’s 10 of 13 outing (76.9 percent).
Rakim Sanders scored 17 points to lead the Stags (7-6), who have now posted consecutive losses three times this season.
- Drexel beats Farifield 77-69
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four