The Jaguars (6-8), who have won four straight, made 41 of 48 free throws in the game played at Bankers Life Fieldhouse, the Indiana Pacers’ home court. Four Valparaiso players fouled out and three others finished the game with four fouls.
Ian Chiles added 19 points for IUPUI, which never trailed and led 43-26 at halftime. Valparaiso rallied to tie at 56 but IUPUI used a 9-0 run to put it out of reach.
Kevin Van Wijk scored 19 points to lead the Crusaders (8-5). Will Bogan, who fouled out with 1:34 to play, was 4 for 7 from 3-point range and finished with 15 points for Valparaiso. Richie Edwards and Jay Harris had 14 points apiece.
- Bill Murray's son Luke forges his own path as a Division I coach
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Gonzaga throttles Xavier to send Mark Few to his first Final Four
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)