St. Bonaventure defeats St. Francis (Pa.) 82-58Friday, Dec 23, 2011
OLEAN, N.Y. (AP)—Chris Johnson scored 19 points, matching his career best, as St. Bonaventure defeated St. Francis (Pa.) 58 on Friday night.
The junior swingman scored 12 of his points in the first half, when the Bonnies (6-5) shot 57.1 percent (16 of 28) to take a 49-28 halftime lead.
Demitrius Conger added 17 points for St. Bonaventure and Matthew Wright had 15. Andrew Nicholson, the Bonnies’ leading scorer on the season, had just seven points in 9 minutes after drawing two fouls in the opening minute of the game.
After the Red Flash (3-9) led 2-0, Wright’s 3-pointer started a 12-0 run over the next 2:56. Conger followed with a layup, Wright had a three-point play and Johnson had a pair of layups.
Scott Eatherton scored 15 points and Kameron Ritter added 11 for St. Francis, which had won three of its last five after losing its first six.
- St. Bonaventure defeats St. Francis (Pa.) 82-58
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game