The 49ers (7-5) put the game away with a 16-0 run for a 62-38 lead with 3:26 remaining. Ware scored eight points during the spurt, including a pair of 3-pointers. Auburn (8-2) went more than nine minutes between field goals.
Long Beach State will play Kansas State in Sunday’s final.
T.J. Robinson grabbed nine rebounds and Phelps had eight as the 49ers held a 43-25 advantage on the boards.
Auburn finished 15 of 57 from the field. The Tigers’ only threat was Frankie Sullivan, who finished with 22 points on 8 of 16 shooting.
- Long Beach State defeats Auburn 64-43
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot