Tennessee Tech handles Kennesaw State 81-68Thursday, Dec 22, 2011
Jud Dillard had 16 points and nine rebounds for the Golden Eagles (7-5), who shot 59 percent and converted 7 of 13 3-pointers.
Liam McMorrow added 15 points and seven rebounds and Zach Bailey had 13 points for the Golden Eagles, who will play Bethune-Cookman in the final round Friday.
Markeith Cummings led Kennesaw State (2-9) with a season-high 27 points. Spencer Dixon added 22 points and six assists for the Owls, who will face Texas A&M-Corpus Christi on Friday.
After leading 46-35 at halftime, Tennessee Tech increased the gap to 16 with 14:54 left. The Owls never got closer than six points the rest of the way.
- Tennessee Tech handles Kennesaw State 81-68
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0