PROVO, Utah (AP)—Matt Carlino scored 22 points and Noah Hartsock 21 to guide BYU past UC Santa Barbara 89-75 on Thursday night.
Brandon Davies added 17 and Charles Abouo 16 for the Cougars (10-3), who won their second in a row. Carlino also had six assists.
Orlando Johnson and James Nunnally scored 22 points apiece for the Gauchos (5-5), who dropped their third straight. Jaime Serna added 12 points and Kyle Boswell 10. Johnson had a game-high nine rebounds.
Though making three fewer baskets than UC Santa Barbara, BYU’s big advantage came at the free throw line. The Cougars converted 27 of 37 foul shots— including 9 of 9 by Abouo and 7 of 8 by Hartsock—to just 7 of 12 for the Gauchos.
Hartsock and Nunnally have reached double figures in every game this season.
- Marcus Jordan leads Central Florida to its biggest win ever
- Wichita State favored as Missouri Valley Tournament begins
- No. 16 Purdue dances past Indiana for share of Big Ten crown
- No. 24 Iowa State holds off Oklahoma State 86-83
- Lee scores school record 50, E. Michigan beats C. Michigan
- Record night for Delgado sparks Seton Hall past Hoyas, 62-59