Ian Chiles added 17 points for the Jaguars (5-8), who have won three in a row.
Ball State jumped to an early eight-point lead, but IUPUI led 32-29 at halftime in the game played at Conseco Fieldhouse. The Jaguars took control and led by as many as 16 in the second half.
Jarrod Jones had 16 points and four steals for the Cardinals (6-3), who had won their last six games. Chris Bond added 13 points and eight rebounds, and Jesse Berry scored 10 for Ball State.
This was a rematch of game played Nov. 23 in Muncie and won by Ball State 69-62, beginning the Cardinals’ winning streak.
- Are Southern Miss’ and Iowa’s logos too similar? A court says yes
- Arizona's Talbott Denny injures knee, out for season
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul