Long Beach State defeats Eastern New Mexico 76-54Tuesday, Dec 20, 2011
LONG BEACH, Calif. (AP)—James Ennis scored 15 points and Larry Anderson added 14 points and seven rebounds as Long Beach State defeated Eastern New Mexico 76-54 on Monday night.
Eugene Phelps had 11 points and Casper Ware 10 for the 49ers (6-6).
Stefan Miribal had 19 points and Aaron Edwards 14 points and seven rebounds for the Division II Greyhounds (9-4).
Eastern New Mexico had first-half scoreless stretches of 4:58, 3:18 and 2:52 as Long Beach State built a 40-36 halftime lead. The Greyhounds got no closer than seven points in the second half.
Long Beach State enjoyed a 36-28 rebounding edge and outscored Eastern New Mexico 48-28 in the paint.
- Long Beach State beats Cal State Northridge 81-68
- No. 7 Creighton rallies for 72-67 win over No. 22 Xavier
- No. 2 Kansas beats Iowa State 76-72 for 17th straight win
- Injured hip sidelines Louisville guard Snider for 2-3 weeks
- Lobos assistant apologizes for altercation with Rams player
- Metu scores 24, No. 25 USC holds off Colorado 71-68