Long Beach State defeats Eastern New Mexico 76-54Tuesday, Dec 20, 2011
LONG BEACH, Calif. (AP)—James Ennis scored 15 points and Larry Anderson added 14 points and seven rebounds as Long Beach State defeated Eastern New Mexico 76-54 on Monday night.
Eugene Phelps had 11 points and Casper Ware 10 for the 49ers (6-6).
Stefan Miribal had 19 points and Aaron Edwards 14 points and seven rebounds for the Division II Greyhounds (9-4).
Eastern New Mexico had first-half scoreless stretches of 4:58, 3:18 and 2:52 as Long Beach State built a 40-36 halftime lead. The Greyhounds got no closer than seven points in the second half.
Long Beach State enjoyed a 36-28 rebounding edge and outscored Eastern New Mexico 48-28 in the paint.
- Long Beach State defeats Eastern New Mexico 76-54
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?