The junior guard got 12 of his points in the second half, including three 3-pointers during an 18-3 run early in the half that gave the Bulldogs (8-2) a 50-43 lead after they trailed 40-32.
The Rams (1-10), off to their worst start since the 1974-75 season, rallied behind Nikola Malesevic, who scored 16 points in a span of 9:03 that put Rhode Island on top 63-61 with 1:13 to play. The junior forward finished with a season-high 25 points.
Rhode Island led by as many as 13 points, 32-19, with 3:02 left in the first half before Yale closed to within 36-30 at halftime.
Greg Mangano and Jeremiah Kreisberg scored 15 points apiece for Yale.
- Morgan leads Yale over Rhode Island 68-65
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four