The Waves hadn’t surrendered fewer points since a 70-35 win over UC Santa Barbara on Feb. 23, 1952.
Montana State (5-5) came in averaging 80.3 points per game, but the Bobcats were held to a season-low total (the previous low was 67 points at Idaho) after being limited to 28.3 percent shooting from the field. The Bobcats made 1 of 10 3-pointers and were 5 for 12 from the free-throw line.
Corbin Moore added 13 points, six rebounds and three blocks for Pepperdine (6-4).
The Waves led 23-17 at halftime, and kept Montana State scoreless for nearly seven minutes at one point in the second half.
Tre Johnson scored 10 points off the bench for Montana State.
- Baylor takes Saint Mary's glass slipper and stomps on it
- UConn's Kevin Ollie looking for young team to gel early
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Notre Dame on best run in its history, welcomes new faces
- Gottfried hopes offseason changes get Wolfpack back to NCAAs
- UNC: Pinson out indefinitely with broken bone in right foot