Shurna, Northwestern beat Eastern Illinois 87-72Sunday, Dec 18, 2011
Shurna was 9 for 12 from 3-point range and 11 of 16 overall.
Leading 48-44 early in the second half, Northwestern (10-1) went on a 9-0 run punctuated by Luka Mirkovic’s three-point play for a 57-44 lead. Eastern Illinois would get no closer than eight points thereafter.
Mirkovic had 18 points and 10 rebounds for Northwestern. Drew Crawford had 14 points, while freshman Dave Sobolewski scored 12.
Northwestern raced to a 24-16 lead as Shurna connected on five 3-pointers. He scored 18 in the half as Northwestern led 41-36.
Jeremy Granger led Eastern Illinois with 22 points. Alfonzo McKinnie added 14 points and Malcolm Herron scored 13 for the Panthers (6-4).
- Shurna, Northwestern beat Eastern Illinois 87-72
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four