Carmichael, Illinois St. down Norfolk St. 68-36Sunday, Dec 18, 2011
Jordan Threloff added 11 points and 13 rebounds for the Redbirds (7-3), who shot 36 percent from the field but hit 25 of 30 shots from the foul line.
Chris McEachin led Norfolk State (7-5) with 10 points. The Spartans shot just 22 percent from the field, were outrebounded 46-32 and committed 21 turnovers.
Norfolk State was still within 37-27 with 13:14 left in the game when Illinois State scored 17 unanswered points. Tyler Brown started the run with a 3-pointer, Threloff added six points during the burst and Zeke Upshaw finished it off with a 3-pointer and a pair of free throws to put the Redbirds on top 54-27 with 7:46 remaining.
- Carmichael, Illinois St. down Norfolk St. 68-36
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?