Caldwell-Pope, a freshman, hit four 3-pointers, and Gerald Robinson scored 17 points for Georgia (5-5), which snapped a four-game losing skid.
The Bulldogs, one of worst-shooting teams in the nation, shot a season-high 51 percent. They made 9 of 13 3-pointers.
Alexis Moore scored 18 points to lead USC (4-7), while Maurice Jones had 11. Aaron Fuller added 10 points.
Caldwell-Pope made a 3-pointer to put Georgia up 60-56 with 43 seconds left. He later added a pair of insurance free throws.
- Caldwell-Pope leads Georgia over USC 63-59
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0