Hicks leads Northridge to 99-58 rout of PacificaSunday, Dec 18, 2011
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. (AP)—Stephan Hicks scored 18 points and led a dominating inside game with 10 rebounds as Cal State Northridge defeated Pacifica College 99-58 Saturday night.
The Matadors outrebounded Pacifica 53-28 and had 26 offensive rebounds that led to 56 points in the paint.
Josh Greene added 15 points and 11 assists for Northridge (3-6). Stephen Maxwell had 12 points, Allan Guei 11, and Aqeel Quinn and Michael Lizarraga 10 each. The Matadors shot 51 percent from the field, including 9 of 21 3-point attempts.
Quincy Spencer had 22 points and Alex Brandon 12 for Pacifica (2-11). The Gladiators shot 39 percent from the field and hit 2 of 13 3-pointers.
Northridge led just 42-34 at halftime, but opened the second half with a 24-6 run and steadily increased the lead the rest of the game.
- Hicks leads Northridge to 99-58 rout of Pacifica
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four