Jud Dillard added 18 points and eight rebounds for the Golden Eagles (6-4), who won despite being outrebounded 36-24. They shot 50 percent from the field.
Kenny Harris led Evansville (4-5) with 23 points and a game-high 10 rebounds. Harris was 13 of 14 from the free-throw line, where the Purple Aces were 27 for 30 in the game.
Colt Ryan added 22 points for Evansville before fouling out. The Purple Aces took the lead with 40 seconds to play on two free throws by Ryan Sawvell before Murphy’s winning 3-pointer.
- Bob Knight may have committed secondary violation for his son
- Davis helps No. 19 Dayton beat Rhode Island 68-66
- UNC's Roy Williams: 'I feel fine' after vertigo attack at BC
- Yale winning streak at 11 after 75-65 win over Dartmouth
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold
- Mississippi's Saiz returns from eye injury