KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii (AP)—Vander Joaquim had 19 points and 17 rebounds Friday night as Hawaii defeated Hawaii-Hilo 79-66.
Shaquille Stokes led the Rainbow Warriors (4-4) with 21 points and Joston Thomas also had 17 points.
Terrell Mack scored 20 points to lead the Vulcans (4-3), who play in Division II. Hawaii-Hilo led for much of the first half and owned a 34-32 edge at the break, but Hawaii scored the first six points of the second half and eventually led by as many as 16 points.
It was the first regular-season matchup between the schools in 21 years. The teams have met several times in exhibition play.
- UNLV beats UTEP 65-54
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan
- Alabama AD completes cancer treatment, cleared to go home