Cal beats Weber State 77-57 for 3rd straight winSaturday, Dec 17, 2011
BERKELEY, Calif. (AP)—Jorge Gutierrez scored 24 points and held Damian Lillard, the nation’s leading scorer, to his worst offensive performance of the season as California beat Weber State 77-57 on Friday night.
Allen Crabbe added 16 points and six rebounds while Richard Solomon and Harper Kamp had 11 apiece for the Golden Bears (9-2), who have won three straight and five of six. Cal also remained unbeaten at home and has outscored its last three opponents at Haas Pavilion by an average of 30.6 points.
Lillard, who grew up and went to high school in nearby Oakland, entered the game averaging 26.9 points a game but couldn’t get loose against Gutierrez and finished just 4 of 17 from the floor while scoring a season-low 14 points.
Scott Bamforth had 19 points for Weber State (6-3).
- Cal beats Weber State 77-57 for 3rd straight win
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot