Roberto Nelson added 20 points and eight rebounds for Oregon State (8-2), off to its best start since the 1984-85 team opened 8-1.
Brandon Ford and Prince Okoroh had 13 points apiece for Howard (3-8).
Starks, a sophomore, scored eight points in a 19-4 run that put Oregon State ahead 37-18 with 5:09 left in the half. Brandt, a junior from Australia, matched Starks’ 14 first-half points as the Beavers led 49-30.
Oregon State led by as many as 36 points in the second half and the Bison got no closer than 17.
- Oregon State beats Howard 93-72
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game