Northwestern rolls past Texas Southern 81-51Thursday, Dec 15, 2011
Northwestern (8-1) raced to a 23-3 lead, hitting 8 of 12 from the field, including 5 for 8 on 3-pointers, while Texas Southern (1-7) made just one of its first nine shots. Crawford scored 10 points in the Wildcats’ opening surge.
Northwestern led 41-20 at halftime. The Wildcats had a 24-14 rebound advantage and committed four turnovers to 11 for the Tigers. The Wildcats led by 32 several times in the second half.
JerShon Cobb scored 10 points for Northwestern. Shurna added six rebounds and five assists.
Patrick Onwenu led Texas Southern with nine points and Fred Sturdivant scored eight. Texas Southern had nine blocked shots.
- Northwestern rolls past Texas Southern 81-51
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions