It was Brown’s most points for the Longhorns (8-2) since Nov. 19. The team’s leading scorer, Brown recovered from a five-game stretch in which he averaged 12.2 points per contest.
Bryan Hammond had nine points and Trevon Lewis seven for Nicholls State (3-7), which played its second game in as many days after visiting Louisiana-Monroe on Monday.
Lewis, who came in averaging 14.2 points per game and scored 30 on Monday, left the game with 12:14 remaining with an apparent leg injury and did not return.
- Brown leads Texas over Nicholls State 93-40
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense