Oakland, Mich., shakes off NAIA Rochester 77-62Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011
ROCHESTER, Mich. (AP)—Laval Lucas-Perry scored a career-high 23 points and Drew Valentine had a double-double as Oakland, Mich., shook off Rochester College midway through the second half for a 77-62 victory Tuesday night.
Valentine had 20 points and 15 rebounds for the Golden Grizzlies (7-4), who snapped a two-game losing streak. Reggie Hamilton scored 14 and Corey Petros 13.
Dramel Hogan’s 25 points and 10 rebounds led the NAIA Warriors (9-6), who dropped their fifth straight. Brad Norman added 19 points.
Oakland trailed by eight early and didn’t take the lead for good until Petros’ jumper made it 29-27 with 6:52 left in the first half. The Golden Grizzlies led just 41-37 at intermission.
The Warriors pulled within 45-43 on Hogan’s layup with 14:20 left before an 11-2 Oakland run, with the final five points from Lucas-Perry, provided a 56-45 gap with 9:58 to go.
OU is 14-0 against its cross-town foe.
- Oakland, Mich., shakes off NAIA Rochester 77-62
- Nova's Jenkins tries to keep fame from 'shot' in perspective
- After busy summer, a healthy Krzyzewski ready to lead Duke
- UConn's Kevin Ollie looking for young team to gel early
- Old faces depart, fresh new look awaits Big 12 hoops season
- Big man Ethan Happ looks to round out game for Wisconsin