Ceola Clark contributed 10 points and nine assists for the Leathernecks (2-2), who led down the stretch and made five free throws in the final 25 seconds—three by Tommie Tyler and two by Parks.
Jamal Webb had a game-high 22 points for North Dakota (3-2). Webb also had nine rebounds. Josh Schuler added 14 points and Patrick Mitchell scored 12 for the Sioux.
Western Illinois jumped to a 27-10 lead in the first half, but North Dakota came back with a 16-2 run to only trail 29-26 at the break.
- Video of marriage proposal gone wrong at UCLA basketball game
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78