Cal Poly turns back Mississippi Valley State 72-55Saturday, Nov 26, 2011
Royer was 6 of 8 from the field, including 5 of 7 from 3-point range.
Drake U’u and David Hanson each added 13 points for Cal Poly (4-2), which finished 3-1 in the tournament. U’u went 5 of 6 from the field and 3 of 4 from 3-point range.
Amaurys Fermin added 12 points and eight rebounds for the Mustangs, who converted 14 of 25 3-pointers.
Paul Crosby led the Delta Devils (1-5) with 23 points and six rebounds. Mississippi Valley State went 1-3 in the invitational.
After Cal Poly led 32-26 at halftime, Mississippi Valley State took two brief one-point leads. But the Mustangs pulled away, building two 21-point advantages.
- Lil Wayne wears Skylar Diggins’ Notre Dame jersey on stage
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics