Loyola, Ill., beats Fordham 64-50 in home openerSaturday, Nov 26, 2011
CHICAGO (AP)—Joe Crisman scored 14 points and Loyola, Ill., won its home opener Saturday with a 64-50 victory over Fordham.
Denzel Brito had a double-double of 11 points and 10 assists for the Ramblers (1-4), who never trailed. Ben Averkamp scored 13 points for Loyola.
Chris Gaston had 19 points with 10 rebounds and six blocked shots for the Rams (1-2).
Loyola, whose largest lead was 14 points, led 8-0 and 15-3 before settling in with a 34-25 halftime edge.
After Fordham trimmed it to 52-47 with 7:34 left, the Ramblers ran off nine unanswered points for a 61-47 lead with 4:21 left and cruised home.
Loyola shot 52.1 percent (25 of 48).
The Rams shot only 27.7 percent (18 of 65) and went just 2 of 19 from 3-point range.
- Loyola, Ill., beats Fordham 64-50 in home opener
- No. 6 Kansas beats No. 10 West Virginia, 75-65
- With Williams sick, No. 9 North Carolina beats BC 68-65
- Watson's 32 leads Creighton to 70-56 upset of No. 5 Xavier
- Gill's 16, 'D' lead No. 7 Virginia past Virginia Tech, 67-49
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal