GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—Austin Witter recorded 14 points and 11 rebounds to help North Carolina A&T rout Barber Scotia 88-53 on Friday night.
North Carolina A&T (3-3) tied the game 3-3 behind two Nic Simpson free throws. The Aggies then went on a 22-6 run to take a 25-9 lead with 9:15 left in the first half.
North Carolina A&T opened the second half on an 18-8 run to take a commanding 66-39 lead with 11:56 remaining in the game.
Marc Hill scored 11 points for North Carolina A&T while Simpson finished with 14, hitting all four of his 3-point attempts.
Rodney Carney paced Barber-Scotia with 19 points and five steals.
The Aggies shot 43.5 percent (30 of 69) from the field, compared to just 31.9 percent (15 of 47) for Barber Scotia, and hit 38.5 percent (10 of 26) of their attempts from beyond the arc.
- Vaughns, George Mason defeat Drexel 68-62
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78