Loyola Marymount beats Idaho St. 79-76 in overtimeThursday, Nov 24, 2011
The Bengals led 74-70 with 1:58 left, but the Lions (2-2) finished the game on a 9-2 run, including a 3-pointer from Jarred DuBois to get it started.
Ireland then hit two layups before making two free throws with 8 seconds left. Ireland finished 10 of 21 from the field.
Melvin Morgan led Idaho State (1-3) with 24 points and scored six of the Bengals’ 10 in overtime, but bounced a game-tying 3-point attempt off the rim as time expired. Chase Grabau added 22 points and 11 rebounds.
Neither team managed more than a five-point lead in the second half. The last points of regulation were Ireland’s layup with 1:27 left to tie the game at 66.
DuBois and Godwin Okonji scored 12 points apiece for Loyola Marymount.
- Ten John Wooden anecdotes you may not have heard before
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics