Will Triggs pulled Austin Peay within four points of the lead, 52-48. However, on George Washington’s next possession, Edwards grabbed an offensive rebound off a Tony Taylor miss and made the subsequent layup to give the Colonials a 54-48 lead with 4:47 to play.
George Washington (3-1) would never relinquish the lead, allowing Austin Peay to score only four points though the final 4 minutes of the game.
Edwards shot 100 percent from the field (4-for-4), recorded two assist and four of his six rebounds came on the offensive end. Taylor chipped in with 11 points.
TyShwan Edmondson led Austin Peay with 17 points.
The loss gives Austin Peay (0-5) their worst start since the 1993-1994 season when they opened the year 0-7.
- Oakland of Michigan tops Western Illinois 75-63
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Tough road awaits surging Wisconsin, back in Big Ten picture
- Pitino: Mathiang won't return this season after foot injury