WEST POINT, N.Y. (AP)—Josh Herbeck scored a career-high 21 points and hit seven of Army’s school-record 15 3-pointers as the Black Knights held off Bryant 69-65 on Turesday night to snap their 11-game losing streak against Division I opponents.
After the Bulldogs overcame a seven-point deficit to tie the game at 65 with 4:27 left, Army (2-4) did not allow Bryant (1-4) another point.
The Black Knights also hit a cold spell, missing their final seven field goals, including six 3-pointers, in the last 7:04. Four free throws by Julian Simmons and Ella Ellis provided the margin of victory.
Army shot 20 of 53 from the field, with all but five shots a 3-point attempt. The Black Knights also set a school record with 36 attempts from long range.
Simmons added 19 points for the Black Knights.
Corey Maynard led Bryant with 21 points, while Alex Francis had 20 points and 14 rebounds.
- It was a good night for the North Carolina neighbors
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne