CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP)—Kelvin Martin scored 23 points as Charleston Southern beat Milligan 89-59 on Saturday and improved to 2-0 at home.
Martin, who led all scorers, shot 9 of 12 from the field and added seven rebounds. Cedrick Bowen added 19 points to go with four rebounds for the Bucs.
Charleston Southern (2-2) shot an exceptional 71 percent (5 of 7) from beyond the arc, allowing Milligan only 20 percent. The Bucs capitalized on Milligan mistakes to score 13 points on 13 Buffalo turnovers.
After starting the season 0-2, Charleston Southern has won their past two games. Mathiang Muo made five shots from deep as the Bucs finished the night shooting 66 percent (8 of 12) from 3-point range.
Milligan (2-3) used a 9-0 run to close the gap to 10, 56-46, but the Bucs used a run of their own to take a 68-53 lead with 8:22 remaining.
- As NC State fizzles, coach Sidney Lowe's hot seat gets warmer
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne