The Wolverines (2-1) scored the last 18 points of the first half to lead 34-10 at intermission. Geddes Robinson, Keith Thompson and Ben Aird scored eight points apiece for Utah Valley.
Utah Valley never trailed and held the Tigers (0-3) to 15 percent shooting (4 of 26) in the first half.
Steven Danridge led Grambling State with 10 points. The Tigers had a better shooting second half, at 37 percent, but finished at 26 percent overall compared to the Wolverines’ 48 percent from the field.
- Bethune-Cookman beats South Carolina State 85-75
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne